- Excusing vs. Choosing – You have to move from excusing to Choosing. Everything we do, say, and think is a CHOICE, therefore, we can change those things and change our lives.
- Affirmations – They conquer excuses. Rather than make excuses, choose to do/say/think affirmations. For instance: “It will be difficult” can become “I have the ability to accomplish any task I set my mind to with ease and comfort.”
- Cultivating Awareness – VERY important! First, we cultivate awareness of our current habits so we can see what we’re doing before we can shift.
- The Now – Be on friendly terms with it because it’s the only moment we have. Dr. Dyer says “Rather than seeing your present moment as an obstacle, see it as the supreme miracle.”
- Self-Actualizers Focus – On What They Want! Self-actualizing people don’t become what they are destined to become by thinking about what is going wrong in their lives, they get there by “focusing their minds on the conditions they wish to produce.” What conditions do YOU want to produce?
- Contemplation – “View the practice of contemplation as actions, rather than as passive mental meandering.” In the book, the idea of contemplation corresponds to bowling. If you practice bowling everyday you will increase your bowling average. And, if you practice contemplating what you want to create in your life everyday, you’ll increase your manifestation average!
- Commitments – It’s easy to make a pronouncement about what you intend to manifest in your life when you’re in a moment of inspiration. However, making a commitment requires holding that vision regardless of the difficulties or obstacles that come your way.”
- Passion – Always trumps excuses! True passion, according to Dr. Dyer, “propels you in a direction that seems motivated by a force beyond your control. It’s my contention that the mere presence of passion within you – and the enthusiasm that comes with it – is all you need to fulfill your dreams.”
- Exquisite Beliefs – Are better than excuses. Think about what life would look like without excuses. What would it look like if your beliefs were exquisite? WHEN you develop your exquisite belief that you possess the physical and intellectual abilities you need, your life will change dramatically. You’ll take risk, try anything, feel contentment, and exude courage, all because you know, and are thankful , that you are perfect as you are.
The bottom line is that this book helps you look into your SELF and guides you on how to get rid of excuses so you can achieve YOUR version of success. Who doesn’t want that?